Below are links to websites that I love and other helpful resources.
- Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution the book that saved my life.
- Bright Spots and Landmines by Adam Brown – if Dr. Bernstein is new to you, read these simultaneously!
- Grit Pregnancies by Allison Herschede – great for anyone trying to conceive or pregnant who manage diabetes while eating low carb
- London’s Low Carb Life a great book for children to learn about eating low carb with type 1 diabetes.
- MySugr The Best Diabetes Logbook App
Diabetes Fashion & Other Products:
- Vial Safe protects your insulin vial, like a case for your phone, but for insulin! (Use code: Leah20 for 20% off)
- osisEarrings handmade earrings by Nicole, who also has type 1, featuring a diabetes line.
Diabetes Organizations I Support:
T1International is a non-profit advocacy organization that focuses on accessibility and affordability of diabetes supplies, #insulin4all. The ONLY non-profit that does not accept pharma funding.
The Case for Low Carb:
How a Low Carb Diet Might Aid People with Type 1 Diabetes New York Times
Low Carb Recipe Websites:
- Diet Doctor my go to website for new recipe ideas. Search by ingredient, type of meal, and more!
- All Day I Dream About Food looking for something sweet? Carolyn has a great website and many fantastic cookbooks.
My Favorite Low Carb Recipes:
Cauliflower Soup from the Diet Doctor
Roasted Cauliflower Mash from the Diet Doctor
Zucchini Salad w/ Walnuts from the Diet Doctor
90 Second Microwave Bread from Low Carb with Jennifer
Fat Head Pizza from the Diet Doctor
Keto Porridge from the Diet Doctor
Low Carb Pancakes (with almond flour) from The Novice Chef
Low Carb Pancakes (with coconut flour) from Low Carb Yum
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies from FatForWeightLoss
One Minute Chocolate Mug Cake from Low Carb Yum *I use an egg and erythritol instead of the syrup, she mentions this so read the notes!
Disclosure: I may receive a commission on any products that you purchase using my discount code (“affiliate link”). Thank you for supporting me in this way; I MIGHT be able to buy a coffee, but I’ll be sure that I’m writing great content while doing so. But in all seriousness, I only support and share products or companies that I personally believe in. I would never share something that I cannot stand behind. Additionally, discount codes may expire and I cannot guarantee validity.